These are MY views on Life, Love, Various Events and just WHATEVER I feel like. Comment if you like, Sign the Guest Book, or Mark your spot on the Map. I hope you enjoy the View.....

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Gala



We had the year-end 'Gala' for the Caledon Townhall Players last Saturday. Alot of my friends for the theatre were there; My sister Jenn and Jane, Andrew and Stacey, Brian, Mike, Elizabeth, Pam, Dennis and Irene, and the list goes on. And Dale got there as well....Poor Dale is still laid up with his broken leg, and got there just as the dinner was starting.

We all found our tables, mingled and had cocktails. Then we had a wonderfull buffet that included roast beef and potatoes and then we moved upstairs to the theatre for the awards presentation.















Here is a nice pic of Jenn and Dale.

The awards were a blast, hosted by Barb and her husband Tom. Tom was in Arsnic and Old Lace with me.

Jane was awarded for the Set of the play 'Things We Do For Love'. This was the set that Jane and I built basically single-handly.....Jane did acknowledge from the stage that it was her and I that built the set.....That was very nice Jane....thank you Jane.....


Jenn won an award, Dale reviewed an award, Andrew was presented with the award for the best production which was for 'Things We Do For Love'. Andrew was the producer for the play. this was the play that I was also the stage manager, sound design, light design and lighting operator...heheheh...

SO that was pretty cool that we won for Best Production. I admit that I would have liked to received 'something' for that....

Then there was the President's Award. This was a new award this year for someone outside the executive for going above and beyond...based on the three plays that I was involved in this year, I thougt wow....I might be up for this.....this explained how the winner of this award has gone way above the call....it sounded like me.....for this last play, I was asked to step in as stage manager at the last minute, which I did......I stepped in to create the sounds effects for the play...no problem....and I was over looked.

Please don't get me wrong.....I do the stuff I do cause I wanted to.....not for some award....this is a new award, so I didn't even know this was an award......

Am I pissed?????? Yes........Why.....Cause I put my personal life on hold for the sake of the play...especially this last play.....and I feel that I was slapped in the face by the president.....Thats just the way I feel.....


And thats the 'View from the Escarpment'

2Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

If I were President, I would have given you the award!

Good work any way
....:)

June 28, 2005 10:59 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Yeah, we still love you, Larry. Ya big pallooka!

July 03, 2005 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home