These are MY views on Life, Love, Various Events and just WHATEVER I feel like. Comment if you like, Sign the Guest Book, or Mark your spot on the Map. I hope you enjoy the View.....

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Relationships

Today, I was visiting a fellow bloggers site and they posted the following blog about RELATIONSHIPS. I found that I really, really related to this post today. I have printed, and posted it beside my monitor here at work and have read it over and over today.

I then posted back to Jen, and asked if I may put her post on my site, and of course credit it back to her. She said she would be honored, so here it it.

Here is the link to Jen's Site

It hurts to realize when a relationship is changing, when you are on the down curve of what once was an incredible emotional high.

I believe all good relationships happen for a reason and they take the course they need to take if we allow them. It’s listening to what the relationship is trying to be and allowing it to go where it will. It’s knowing that every one of them is distinctive, every relationship is designed to fill its own purpose. They don’t all have to be forced onto this path of what society says it should be, they don’t have to be on a trajectory to “forever.” They can be just what they are. You can love, yes love, and love for what it is.

People enter your life at the right time. Often, they can be just what you were looking for whether you even realized what you were looking for or not. You both fulfill a need within the other with passion and understanding. And what happens when the need is fulfilled? When you have done the growing that you needed to do to become the person you presently are?

With twisted tension we grow. Apart. We change shape, each the other and the relationship itself changes. We no longer fit like we once did. We claw at each other trying to get what the other doesn’t have to give.

You realize you have been chewed up in the machinations of the other’s raw emotions and flaws.

And you realize that you are moving apart like a train that is trundling along when the tracks switch and take it another direction instead of straight ahead. That’s when you readjust your course. It’s not like some terrible emotional tragedy. You simply talk it out and redefine your boundaries and rebuild your walls.

Relief. You can breathe out again, the monster off your chest.

What you are handed instead is a friend. A very good one.

I cannot give what I do not have,
and I cannot take what I do not have.
I can't take it.
Too many things held precious,
too many things held dear;
that's what I hate,
that's what I fear.
Too much to ask for
may leave me feeling lonely.
Too little leaves me nothing, nothing.
It's over, it's over, it's over
it's over, it's over.

[And then you realize perhaps it's not so easy and your face
crumples and your body shakes with dry heaves when you
curl up to sleep.]

(posted by Jen on Jan 24, 2005 @ 10:22 PM)

Thank you Jen!!! Those words are so powerfull!!!!

Larry

3Comments:

Blogger momo said...

I just spent a while reading thru your blog and I gotta say, I like what I read.....

January 26, 2005 1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lar;

Nice words....too bad you didn't feel this way about your marriage breaking down oh so many years before and too afraid to communicate your feelings!!!!

January 28, 2005 11:55 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Yes Anonymous....

They were nice words, which I wish I had written myself. I had to read them on someone else's site, but I am SLOWLY starting to understand.

I don't know if I know who you are because you posted as "Anonymous", therefore I don't know if you REALLY know me or not. But does that REALLY matter??? Perhaps not.

I was going to respond to you here, but I'm going to move this to the main area. I think this is very important that I say this.

January 28, 2005 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home