These are MY views on Life, Love, Various Events and just WHATEVER I feel like. Comment if you like, Sign the Guest Book, or Mark your spot on the Map. I hope you enjoy the View.....

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Music

Music has always been something that I have enjoyed in my life. My tastes in music can change like the weather has done lately in Southern Ontario. It was 18 on Thursday and tonight's it is close to -10.....Go figure.

I enjoy all types of music; Rock, Country, Jazz, Gospel even some Metal.

I have also recently REALLY started to listen to the words of songs, lyrics are so very strong to me. One day I can listen to a song, and I will enjoy the song and that's about it. Yet another day I can hear the same song, the the emotions that are invoked can de so different.

Not long ago I herd the song 'Flying' by Bryan Adams for the first time, and I emotionally, completely lost it, and I just ball. That is such a beautifully written song; the part of the chorus that goes
  • Lets just make love - all night
  • Lets just hold on - so tight
  • Lets make it last - for life

Is so powerfully and moving. It's so touching.

I also herd another song just the other day called 'All She Wrote' by Default. This is another song with some very powerfully lyrics. I want to post the whole song, but I won't because of copy write laws, however a few lines are

  • Today was that day
  • It was that time
  • And that was all that she wrote for me
  • You fell away
  • I don't know why
  • And that was all that she wrote for me
  • Something's wrong with your mind
  • It won't think of me anymore
  • Was it all a waste of time

I want to acknowledge the artists that create these songs, that write the powerful words, the dramatic music that when combined together can invoke such powerful and at times overwhelming emotions.

Music, it can stir so many different emotions; Joy, Sadness, Happiness, Heartbreak.....

So as I sign off tonight, I'm listening to 'Everything' by Alanis Morissette, yet another song with amazing lyrics.

And that's the 'View From The Penthouse'


0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home