These are MY views on Life, Love, Various Events and just WHATEVER I feel like. Comment if you like, Sign the Guest Book, or Mark your spot on the Map. I hope you enjoy the View.....

Friday, February 18, 2005

The Morning AFTER Opening Night

WELL!!!!

Last night was Opening Night for our play 'Arsenic and Old Lace'. I got there rather early to make sure that all the last minute technical issues were resolved, even though I'm not on the technical side of this play, I'm acting, but I have been helping out.

Just when you think everything is going to be OK, we lose one of the lights for the celler. This light is very important to a number of scenes, so we starting running like crazy to find out what the problem is. We changed the blub, we checked the leads running to the light. We find out that there is a lose wire INSIDE the light itself, and it will have to be re-wired today.

Deb and her Mom drove up from Grimsby to watch the opening night, that was so amazing that they would do that. Its about and hour and 15 min trip.

So, the play starts.....I don't come on till about midway through the second act, so I have about an hour wait.....

We are pacing back stage, running lines with each other, making sure we look just right.

Then I get my cue.....2 pages.....

I take my place by the front door, and I hear my cue.....I ring the door bell, the door opens and in walks Officer O'Hara, 'Hello Miss Abbey'.

Miss Abbey responds, then O'Hara starts again 'I saw your lights on and I thought........'

It was amazing!!!! Every line was there!!!! No hesitation!!!!!

Remember this is from the guy who as a teenager stuttered so badly that I could not talk in front of 1 or 2 people.....

Thoses days are long behind me.......

I had soo much fun with my part last night. I'm REALLY looking forward to the run of this play...

And Deb, THANK YOU !!! To you and your Mom for making my opening night so special!!!!


Larry

3Comments:

Blogger CAW said...

I am soo happy everything went so well. I knew it would! Congrats! -April

February 18, 2005 8:55 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Sounds like you did an excellent job! My Dad did a lot of theater and he too did Arsenic and Old Lace. Someone sent me all kinds of pictures of my Dad in various plays that I've been enjoying for days. Also, pictures of my Dad with Richard Nixon, JFK, the Monkees!!!! It's been fun.

ANYWAY, I'm so happy to hear you are busy and acting. It's wonderful Larry. You're kindness and friendship cannot be met by anyone else I know. You deserve the very best and I'm so glad your lines flowed so easily. I know that feeling! Congratulations and I hope this is just one of many future performances!

February 18, 2005 8:56 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Congrats, Larry! I knew you'd be great. Hope to see the show on March 4. Carry on, then. Break a ...

No, Larry. Have fun.

February 22, 2005 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home