These are MY views on Life, Love, Various Events and just WHATEVER I feel like. Comment if you like, Sign the Guest Book, or Mark your spot on the Map. I hope you enjoy the View.....

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

My Mountain Top

Some parts of one's journey are better not shared with others, but then other parts of a journey are meant to be shared and should be shared with those you call your friends.

Two weeks ago, I spoke of being on a journey that had taken me into a valley. Valleys can be said to be a number of different things. A valley can be beautiful, or it could be rather dismal.

My valley was a beautiful journey, however the climb out was rather difficult at times.

Today, I stand at the top of the mountain, and stretching out in front of me is a vast plateau covered in virgin snow. There are a number of paths set in front of me, each covered with light snow. So I can see the 'outline' of the path, but not the path itself. Again, kinda like life.... We sometimes can see certain avenues that we can travel, but we can never know exactly what will be in store for us.

So as I reach the plateau, a hand is waiting to take my hand into theirs and stand by my side. I have had a number of hands help me climb this mountain. At times I thought I would never leave my valley, but I knew it was now time for me to leave this valley.

I now stand hand in hand with my friend, a friend that has been there every step of the way.

I look at each of the different paths before me, I examine each one, then I take my first step down one of the paths, into the fresh virgin snow. I then noticed that my friend is still holding my hand. We are walking this new path together.

We stop often, looking around to see where this path is leading. We may not be able to see all the curves in the path, but we do know that this is OUR PATH, and we are walking it together, step by step. Not running headstrong down the path, but rather walking slowing together. Stopping to enjoy the views at every chance we get.

Where will this path lead in a month, two months, six months??? Don't know...But I do know that right know, I'm enjoying this new journey and I will take my time to fully explore the path that lies at my feet....

Perhaps, we can stop to make 'Snow Angels' along the way to mark our passage...

2Comments:

Blogger CAW said...

That is soo beautiful! Can I come make snow angels with you guys too? I love those! lol-April

February 15, 2005 1:12 PM  
Blogger gemmak said...

Lovely :o)

February 15, 2005 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home